I recently received the first issue of Malus, a new cider zine.
The first issue included:
– editor’s notes by Ellen Cavalli (of Tilted Shed)
– poetry by Bill Lyon (of Cider View Orchard)
– The Trouble With Craft – It’s Not What You Think, by Mike Reis (of Redfield Cider Bar & Bottle Shop and more)
– Don’t Be Angry – Give Ryan Burk a Break, by Darlene Hayes (of All Into Cider and Cider Cocktails: Another Bite of the Apple)
– Cider Cons – Considering the Triple Entendre, by Andy Brennan (of Aaron Burr)
– Made in America – The Case for the Seedling, by Kim Hamblin (of Art+Science)
I really enjoyed it. None of these articles would have been published in any mainstream way – they were unique, thought-provoking, and relevant. I’d highly recommend this for any cider enthusiast.
You can subscribe on their website, for $25 per year (4 issues). Without advertising (at least at this point), I doubt that covers much more than printing and postage.
Has anyone else read the first issue of Malus yet?